Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mezza Luna!!!

Mezza Luna...Mediterranean Italian Cuisine

Mezza Luna (Click for map)
2724 Carl T. Jones Drive SE
Huntsville, AL 35801


So a friend of mine who knows I am on my local foodie quest, recommended Mezza Luna to me and I am SO glad she did! This trendy restaurant is so vibrant and fresh, but laid back enough to have a quiet lunch, which is what we did!

This is a Mediterranean Italian restaurant which to me meant it brought dishes and flavors from Italy that are closest to the Mediterranean Sea...makes sense to me!

Their website says...

At Mezza Luna, a true trattoria atmosphere will preside where the patio provides Huntsville’s most popular and lovely outdoor dining and room for an overflowing crowd. Casual, but with no compromise in quality or presentation, the seasonal menu offers fresh gulf seafood, naturally raised meats and locally grown organic poultry, lettuces, and vegetables. The wood-fired brick oven crisps the flatbreads and pizzas perfectly, gives the roasts and braises their signature hickory seasoning. Fresh seafood, meat and game are all cooked over a huge wood-fired grill, resplendent with the soul-satisfying essences of Tuscany, Andalusia, Sicily and North Africa.


I was kinda close! ;-)

A couple of colleagues and I started our meal with a "chip and onion dip" appetizer that was really good! The chips were freshly made in the restaurant and the dip was creamy and delicious! For our meals, we all ordered pizza. The same pizzas! All three of us! Ha! Well, you can never have too much of a good thing! Next time I will have to venture out into a more hearty entree!

I must say that I am very happy that Mezza Luna is here in Huntsville because it offers a very nice slice of variety here! You should check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment