Thursday, September 10, 2009

LeeAnn's Fun, Food & Great Spirits!

Ok, so this week's adventure took me to LeeAnn's in Huntsville!
*peek at the link for more pics of LeeAnn's...the atmosphere is SO nice!!!*

LeeAnn's (click for map)
415 Church Street NW
Huntsville, AL 35801

Ok, so I meet a bud down at LeeAnn's for a late lunch. No crowds and not busy at all. Cool! LeeAnn's is a very nice place with southern food cuisine and great appetizers and sandwiches...a "meat and three" kind of place, which usually translates into good eats! I didn't indulge in the "Great Spirits", but the selection looked amazing! I hear they have a happy hour...

So we sit and order the daily special for Tuesday...Smoked Pork Butt! Ok, ok, ok...so what is a pork butt? A pork butt is a cut of meat from the shoulder of the pig that contains a little more fat than other parts of the pig which makes it good for smoking or bar-b-que in an "low and slow" method (low heat, slow cooking)!

Ok, so we both ordered the daily special which was Pork Butt (which came with traditional bbq sauce and the infamous north Alabama white bbq sauce!) and a choice of 2 sides. For my 2 sides, I ordered fried green tomatoes and sweet potato fries! Mmmmmm!!! Doesn't that make you wanna smack your Momma? I just knew I was in for a treat, and indeed I was! The plate was HUGE! And it included a soft drink and a corn muffin...all for (wait for it...) $8.00!!! YAHOOOOO!

I would like to go back soon for appetizers or just for the atmosphere. It was a very nice place and I am so glad I ventured here! There ARE great local joints here in Huntsville!!! YAY! I am so happy and encouraged!


Here is a horrible picture of my meal...I need a better camera! :)
Photobucket

Support your local establishments!!!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment